Robin's Eggs!

My brothers share a bedroom, and for years there was a birds nest on their windowsill. It was so fun and amazing to see the shiny blue eggs up close...and over time watch them acquire cracks...and then to have wet scrawny baby robins only a few inches away! Unfortunately when we replaced all of our windows, we had to remove the nest. But the window-replacer built a little platform and put it next to the windowsill. Alas, it had human scent on it and the birds never built a new nest on it. But this spring they decided to build a nest on the other side of the windowsill! So now we have two little robins-eggs again! 


Taken with an iPhone. I will get better pictures up I promise! I like the angle and the detail in this picture. I also think it is cute how the two eggs are side by side...two siblings together like peas in a pod:) I think it would look nice in black and white, but then you wouldn't be able to get the perfect robin's-egg blue. I took one anyway, and I like how shiny and silver they look this way. Of course since iPhones have pretty simple editing tools this b/w looks possibly a little too faded.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, I Tried...

Happy Birthday, Reina!